Since the camera input had been already created from the previous patches, that section of the patch was sorted. However, the addition of the X and Y output sections needed to be added.
The change in data was quite quick and unstable, therefore, I decided to average out the incoming data; the 'average' object in Pure Data averages out 10 of the incoming figures to provide a more stable number. This could be done again to slow down the change even more. However, I am happy with it the way it is.
The sample had to be recorded before any patching went ahead, otherwise there would be no sound coming out of the patches to see if the coding was working or not.
As a very keen sportsman, sports enthusiast and exercise nut, I chose to use famous, motivational and inspirational speeches/ quotes for the project. This way, each sample would stand out and could have more of an impact rather than general hubbub. It also allows me to relate to my work in a different way other than purely creating it, I can relate to some of the samples and the others are quotes that I deemed important and powerful.
I scoured through a list of 100+ famous and inspirational quotes from various videos, books and websites and settles on using some from the following link:
http://www.keepinspiring.me/100-most-inspirational-sports-quotes-of-all-time/
There are some typically famous athletes in the list such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Muhammed Ali, as well as some unexpected culprits like Adele and Lil Wayne
Four people (including myself) were recorded saying five quotes each.
the signal chain was: SE Z3300a microphone -> ART MPA 2 Pre Amp-> Tascam US1800 Interface -> iMac -> Logic Pro 9.
(Figure 6.)
As seen above, the quotes were recorded and then imported into Pure Data through coding.
No comments:
Post a Comment